One Direction Fan Rant -- Please Read

I understand that you love them, but you need to learn to respect them. And yourselves.
They are human beings and DESERVE be treated as such.

I don’t care how fast they could get you to take your clothes off, or if they make your ovaries explode, or whatever other feelings they give you, but this is ridiculous and I feel like we need to invent a new term because this is not fangirling.

This is far beyond fangirling.
This blatant stalking and disrespect being called fangirling literally makes me ashamed of being a fangirl.

And fangirl is one of the few terms I actually identify with.

I can understand driving for hours to see them in concert, waiting for hours for an organized meet-and-greet, or bothering them on twitter -- making a parody twitter account, or seeing them and asking for a signature and maybe having a brief conversation and then leaving them alone happy that you got to meet them,
but I can’t understand following them around taking pictures or whatever while they try to be normal humans, or standing outside their hotel for hours or days or whatever else.
Sending their girlfriends hate -- telling them that they're fat/ugly/stupid/unworthy or any other variation, and that they shouldn't be together. Or my personal favorite, telling their girlfriends that they shouldn't be dating them because you are destined to be with him even though you haven't/won't-ever even exchange enough dialogue to be considered a proper conversation.
Their girlfriends are fantastic, and strong, and perfectly lovely, and there's a reason why he chose to date her -- regardless of who she is.

I know that it’s not just this fandom, and that there are other bands/singers/actors/people with this problem but I’m making an example out of this post because this picture of outside their hotel came up in my tumblr dash:
Image

and I find it to be completely unacceptable.

I would like to finish off this post by saying that I don't care if you hate me after this. I really don't. And you should be sure to tell me about it -- either in private messages or in comment -- so long as you're willing to discuss with me why you disagree and think I'm dumb or a bitch or whatever else.
I want to know. In actual, real reality.
December 3rd, 2012 at 08:03am