Roommate Nightmares

hey everyone. long story short, i live in a suite with two of my friends. our third roommate had to drop out, and the school assigned us a random so we could still live in a four-person room.

problem is, this girl is a crazy fucking bitch.

somewhere, somehow, about two months ago, she got the idea that my friends and i don't like her, which is totally false. we went out of our way to try and hang out with her at first because she seemed like she wanted to. we invited her to lunch with us, invited her to come to target, but she never wanted to or never could, so eventually, we stopped asking. she never said hello or goodbye to us, but we used to say it to her anyway. she'd always reply very uncomfortably like "oh... bye."

i caught her talking shit on me to a friend in our room once, and i called her out on it. the next morning she gave me the most half-assed apology i've ever heard.

she also had a habit of missing the bathroom trash can with dirty tampons. one time, it was right in front of the trash can, and she never picked it up. because we felt uncomfortable talking her and felt like she'd be upset if she approached her and singled her out, we used our friend's whiteboard on the bathroom door to put up some general guidelines for ANY person (living in the room or just visiting) to follow, just general stuff, nothing that was rude or singled her out:

1. no hair in the shower
2. if you miss the trashcan, pick it up
3. don't use other peoples' things
4. replace the toilet paper

no harm done, right? wrong. she waited about a day. we went to dinner, came back, and the thing was erased. one of my friends tried to ask her about it and knocked on the door to her room, but she just ignored her. three minutes later, she came out to take a shower like nobody ever knocked at all. a couple weeks ago, she just stopped coming in the room all together. she would pack three bags in the morning and leave until somewhere between midnight and 1:45. we see her sit in the study lounge for hours.

there's recently been an issue where she takes a 45 minute shower and locks the bathroom door while two other people are getting ready to go to class. whenever somebody knocks, she gets snotty with them and makes a snotty comment, even when she's not showering. after she's done in the shower, she spends another thirty minutes doing her make up when there are three other mirrors in the room that she could use.

we can't talk to her about any of this because whenever she is in here (which is usually for a few minutes), she's got friends with her. earlier tonight, said friends were saying rude things about me and my friends while we were in here. we're so at the end of our ropes with this girl, and i seriously don't even know what to do with her!
December 5th, 2012 at 06:12pm