~you're all i ever wanted!!~

it's official guys.

i am just downright out of my mind. i get this a lot, but i think it's time i came clean about some of my secret indulgences. namely, why i an such a picky eater. well, before all that i want it to be clear that this all started out when my friends made the comment of "oh, so you're too good for a burger and a coke?" to which i proudly respond "yes". ( the kicker is, i'm not vegetarian)

the first thing i keep out of my diet, before anything else, is high fructose corn syrup. you may say but amanda, it's in everything how can you avoid it? well that easy, i am an obsessively peculiar person who will stand in the grocery store for hours on end, read the food labels and then do a price comparison. i have just about cut out cereal (with the exception of post), sodas (mexican coke is okay because it does not have HFCS), and the bulk of candy ( check out Unreal candy, it really is unreal).

why am i too good for burgers though? that's easy, 'cause i make a better patty than the rest ( of fast food chains anyways) end of argument.

but useless ranting aside, it really is something if you think about all the food choices we make and it is another thing when you start to think about all of the opportunities we forgo to keep out convenient food, time, easy of lifestyle.

one could argue that we are addicted to conveniences/laziness... ... ... then it gets really terrifying when we talk about all of the health implications that come along. obesity, and diabetes being at the forefron of this matter.
but all for another time and talk.

think about what you eat. not for any political or social movements, but for yourself.
December 8th, 2012 at 05:29am