Well Hello There, Mibba!

I've been gone for about six months, and let's just say, it feels as though a piece of me has been missing ever since I took a break from Mibba.

Well, since that first day, six months ago, I have started college, made a ton of new friends, had a broken heart, am repairing said heart and gotten into new experiences... Basically, what I'm saying is that college is amazing, and I could not be any happier.

First thing's first: I never figured I'd be where I am today. Through out my last months in high school, I reduced my friend number to one. Here in college, I have six friends I see on a daily basis, and who I would not trade for the world. Most of them are guys, but you know what, it's always been the kind of friendships I wanted in high school because let's face it, women can be ultimately petty. Two of my friends are girls, Em and Val. They are... amazing, shall I dare say so myself.

Another fun fact is that with living on campus, I've been able to grow close to these six friends. I've also learned that the people I met at orientation, aside from my lovely Vinnie, are not the people I should be hanging out with all the time. Basically, if I were still hanging out with them as much as I did at the beginning of the semester, I would be sitting in my dorm room nearly 24/7. So, I'm definitely glad I decided to branch out and actually get to meet my floor-mates.

See, the thing at my college is that we have Living Learning Communities, which basically means you picked (hopefully) the floor you wanted to be on. I picked the Gamers floor 'cause I'm a sucker for my video games. It ended up being the best thing to happen in my life, by far. I met the best guys and girls ever, and we all get along so well. It's an incredible feeling to be overcome with acceptance of the person you truly are. I feel comfortable in my skin, and I'm finally coming out of my shell.

Now, when I say I had my heart broken, I can't necessarily go into details with it. It's just better we be friends, rather than a couple because he is going through way too much to be stressing about a girlfriend.

My heart is currently being glued back together by this boy who lives two doors down from me. He's goofy, but when you're having a one-on-one with him, he's the best person to talk to. I'm trying not to be awkward with him, but it's sort of in my nature to be awkward. I can't necessarily help it all too much, but I try. I did tell him I liked him, but he hasn't really given me an answer back yet. In the mean time, I hope to get to know him better than I do now, and hopefully we'll become closer.

This is sort of a sucky update from myself, but I felt the need to write anything. I'm currently working on my novel, "In a Bullet's Embrace", again, and I'm hoping to finish it shortly. I'm also doing well in my classes, so that's always a plus!

But seriously, Mibba, I've missed you dearly. <3 I welcome you back into my life with open arms!
December 8th, 2012 at 12:12pm