Men hitting women. What do you think?

Was at work today and overheard a conversation between my colleagues about Chris Brown and Rhianna. Yes, that still are partly known for the beatings Chris Brown gave to Rhianna. But it isn't them that I want to talk about today. If Rhianna wants to be with him, that's is down to her, no one else. What I want to talk about is Men hitting women and vice versa.

Now, I don't condole violence. I think men hitting women is terrible. However, I will not forget all about the fact that women also hit men. I think that is just as terrible. Yet, why is it I mainly here, a man should never touch a woman? I feel that no matter what a woman does, if a man raises his hands, then her part is forgotten and his is what is looked at.

If a man was attacked on the street by a woman, would you expect him to just stand there? Yes, I know, he could walk off. Let's say for now, he can't walk off. No matter where he moves, she is by him, hitting him, kicking him. He tries to hold her arms, but of course, her legs are still moving. He tries to stop her legs, but of course, her arms are still moving. He's worked up, he's being beaten, he needs to defend himself. He lashes out. Not several times. Let's say he did it once.

"A man should never hit a woman." That is what I feel would be said to that scenario. Well, excuse me for not thinking the same. As a man, if I feel threatened, if any one feels threatened, the fight, flight, or freeze, reaction will always be activated. I would not freeze. So if my flight option is no longer open to me, then my move would be to fight. Whether male or female, I believe this is fair. Why should I allow myself to be beaten up by the opposite sex because I was born a male? I shouldn't.

Women want to be equal to men. Does that not include in every way? Or is it only certain things that they want? Like holding a door open. I don't hold a door open because you're a woman. I hold it open because I am polite. I don't expect you to think 'He should hold the door open for me as I'm a woman'. No, I shouldn't. You're a person just like me. There aren't any special priviledges to being of the female gender. Nor should there be for being any gender. I feel the only time gender will come in to it, is pregnancy. Now, yes, now, you should get a few priviledges.

I know that there are a lot of girls who also agree, though there are a lot who don't. That's fine. We all have our own opinions. But don't put others down because of your opinion. Imagine if someone had been beaten within the inch of his life and had ended up punching a female to save himself, then you came along and was like 'Ergh, you should never lift a hand to a woman'. Poor guy would think his life is insignificant to the woman's who was beating him.

Well, anyway, let's hear your thoughts on this. I've rambled enough. Oh, I'm thinking of having a topic every week or so under the title of Watt'stheTopic. If you have any ideas on a topic you'd like to discuss, then leave me a comment whilst you give me your opinion on this one too :)

Watt'stheTopic
December 11th, 2012 at 03:47pm