My kids will have nerdy names. + SORES UNDER MY TONGUE, WTF. + Rich people shouldn't have to pay higher taxes because they work.

I really love names that relate to something. I want my kids to be able to tell their friends these bomb ass stories or reasons they have the names they have. Not just "well, my mom liked that name" or "my parents couldn't agree on anything else."

Mine is because my parents couldn't agree on anything else and the fact that my mom wanted me to be named after a princess, and I sort of was. Alexandra was a common name among Duchesses and such of Russia. My mom had Alexandra Feodoronva, Czar Nicholas II's wife, in mind particularly, I believe.

Regardless, I love names that have cool stories behind them. Names I love (I never imagine myself having a daughter, and I only have 1 name for a girl that I'd like.)

Boys:
Gatsby (as in, the Great Gatsby. I love his character and find it to be a strong, different name.)
Julius (as in Julius Caesar.)
Roman (to symbolize the Roman empire.)
Dorian (as in The Picture of Dorian Gray - also a strong literary character.)

Girls:
Reina (which is Spanish for "queen.")

I'd adore to have a set of twins, a boy and a girl, and name them Roman and Reina. Both are strong, powerful names in my opinion.

I want my kids to have memorable, lasting names. Like, names like Jill or Jane or Bobby or something. Those are easily forgettable. I don't want that. I want people to hear my kids' names once and remember them.

I'm a freak, hahah. I just love the idea of being a mother and getting to name my kids. :')

I HAVE SORES UNDER MY TONGUE.

If you've read my last blog, you know that my Saturday / Sunday were pretty freaking wild. When Destiny and I got home at 10-ish, we went to bed finally. When I woke up, underneath my tongue hurt. Really, really bad!

I ignored it. Monday, it hurt a little bit worse. I still ignored it.

Tuesday, I didn't go to school cause underneath my tongue and throat hurt. I woke up sometime during the morning and there were bumps under my tongue.

Today, I had my friend look under my tongue and he said it looked pretty gross.

I freaked out. I thought I'd caught cooties at one of the parties I was at - even though I didn't kiss anyone open mouth except one guy and he's paranoid about stuff like that and is really, really clean. So I was like IF HE GAVE ME COOTIES I'LL KILL HIM.

Turns out it's probably canker sores. They take about a week or two to go away and my mouth doesn't hurt as bad as it did Sunday. SO HERE'S HOPING THAT I DON'T HAVE COOTIES.

I almost LOL'd in this girl's face in my AP Lang & Comp class.

We've been presenting arguments all week and today, this little ritzy girl went. Her dad is the president of multiple banks. Her mother is an accountant. Needless to say, her family has no problems with money.

Her argument today was: rich people shouldn't have to pay higher taxes.

Her reasoning? They went to college and made something of themselves and paid student loans back, they shouldn't have to give their money away while others draw from the government.

That was literally her argument. I wanted to cry from laughing. WANTED TO DIE. I had to put my face in my friend's back who was sitting in front of me.

She was being serious.

And of course, all the rich kids in the class agreed except for the guy sitting in front of me.

Yeah, cool, you made something out of yourself. BUT you (most likely, in this area anyway) were not like that always. What makes you think you can turn away from people who you were once like?

I'm not saying give everything away, and I'm not saying that people who are on welfare always deserve what they're getting because most people I know on welfare are completely capable of working themselves.

Those are the people the public eye sees. The ones who abuse the system. Those who truly need it should get it.

But labeling all people who receive government aid as lazy and undeserving and therefore the upper class shouldn't have to pay more taxes because they've worked harder in life? No, that doesn't sit well with me. At all.

Another girl in class said "Rich people have more luxuries to pay for, they shouldn't have to pay higher taxes for lazy people."

luxuries plural of lux·u·ry (Noun)
Noun
The state of great comfort and extravagant living.
An inessential, desirable item that is expensive or difficult to obtain: "he considers bananas a luxury"


A kid next to me said, "OH YOU POOR RICH PEOPLE, HAVING TO PAY FOR BILLS ON YOUR 30 ROOM HOUSE AND PUT GAS IN YOUR FERRARI. WE SHOULD PITY YOU FOR HAVING THESE THINGS TO PAY FOR WHILE THE GOVERNMENT TRIES TAKING YOUR MONEY AWAY FROM YOU TO HELP OTHERS. I'M SO SORRY."

Needless to say, class got pretty heated today. And that's an understatement.
December 12th, 2012 at 10:29pm