well, my cousin will be going away for a long, long time.

I'm... I feel pretty bad right now, guys. My distant cousin whom I had a pretty good relationship with when he still lived around here, was arrested yesterday. And will probably go to jail for a very, very long time.

He robbed a bank yesterday.

He's twenty-two years old, only getting to the good parts of life, and he's basically thrown it away.

He's been troubled. He was kicked out of the state of Kentucky for awhile because of marijuana. He lived in Cali for awhile where he could openly grow it and what-not. Then he came back and was arrested for having it again, even though he obviously should have known that medical marijuana permits do not work everywhere.

Him and his fiancee, who did my hair quite often, moved to West Virginia so he could have a better job. They've been there since March or April.

I hadn't heard from him or anything at all. And today I found out he robbed a bank yesterday afternoon.

He was unarmed and demanded $20,000. I'm not sure how much they actually gave him, but he got some few thousand before he left. They arrested him when he showed up for work later that evening.

I just... what the hell happened? He graduated in '09 when I was in middle school. I thought he was so awesome, honestly.

He was the star of the football team. Had so many colleges looking at him for athletic / football scholarships. Then he hurt his back somehow and couldn't pass the physical test to play football at Marshall, his dream school.

That's when he really started spiraling down. Now, he's basically hit rock bottom as far as I'm concerned.

I'm devastated for him. He had so much that he was working for and it was seemingly all ripped away from him.

And his fiancee? I feel so bad for her. To know the man she was going to marry is going to go to prison for who knows how long must be heartbreaking. They've been together nearly three or four years. I feel bad for her.

The whole situation just sucks.
December 13th, 2012 at 09:53pm