It's been years.

I can't believe how long it has been since I have even logged onto this site. So much has changed on here and with me. I completely forgot this site even existed until I was going through my old stories the other day. I remember how much I used to live on this site, how much free time I had. The sad thing is that that is one thing that hasn't changed; as a junior in college it's even more hard to find free time then when I was in high school.

The good news is that I'm currently on winter break so I've had some time to think. When I was looking through my old stories, mostly "How Can A Jock Turn Emo Overnight?" I got to thinking. I know years ago before I disappeared from this site I started rewriting chapters from the story so that I could make it even better; I want to do that again. Start over from the beginning and add more detail into the story then there was when I started writing it in high school.

Here is the best part of it: I want to attempt to get it published after I rewrite it and change a few things, maybe even the title? I'm not sure about that part yet. I just realize how much I miss writing for myself; the only thing I've written in the past few years are papers for school and I wouldn't really consider that enjoyment. I want to write like I used to write, spend hours with a pencil in hand or my eyes glued to a computer screen. I need to bring back what made me love writing in the first place and focus less on the people that are around me. I was happy when I spent all my time writing and maybe that happiness will bring back the me that I'm so desperately trying to find.

I've already rewritten the first chapter of the story, the only difference besides the editing will be that it will not be as long. I want to combine most of the chapters so that when I attempt to get it published it will not be close to 100 chapters because that would be a little ridiculous no matter how short the chapters are. I plan on having this rewritten by the time my break is over so expect a good amount of posts once the first one is all up and running.

This brings me back to my quizilla days, which I miss dearly and wish I could go back there, but I've been gone from that site longer than I have this one. I hope everyone enjoys what it about to come of How Can A Jock Turn Emo Overnight? And also become even bigger fans then you were of it before.

It feels good to be back,
Lacey.
December 14th, 2012 at 02:07am