This shooting has solidified my choice in not having children.

There were many reasons before hand but this just takes the cake. I know that if I did manage to have kids they wouldn't be safe from the violence of the world and that kills me. I can understand violence, I know it well, but the shit that just went down makes me sick. How can someone just shoot children.

They've been saying that the shooter went in to shoot his mother, who was a teacher at the school, but don't know anything about him other than that. They had originally assumed that it was a parent. I'm wondering what kind of grudge he had against his mother, if any, to make him attack in such a horrific way? Why take your frustration out on the students? Words can't even begin to express the grief I'm feeling right now. ANY amount of violence that's directed against children brings me to tears and I'm finding it hard to express what I'm thinking here.

Those poor kids were just in kindergarten. They still had their whole lives ahead of them. It kills me to hear people being quoted as saying, "Where is my son?" or "Where is my daughter?" because that's something no parent should have to wonder out loud when their child is meant to be safe at school.

The world truly is an ugly place.
December 14th, 2012 at 08:47pm