My heart is literally broken

I am crying.

This Newtown shooting has really affected me.

Normally I don't get as upset as I am now, but something inside me differs this time around. Maybe it's the fact that my siblings are around 7 years old, and that the innocent children that were killed were just as young as them.

I can't even imagine the pain that some of the families are going through right now; The next 11 days leading up to christmas are going to be really hard for them. Some of the parents are going to be burying their little angels so close to a very happy time.

Please inform me if I am wrong but I am from the UK and I don't know very much about american laws and stuff but,

I think that there should be some kind of law or something that you have to be psychologically tested or assessed whilst applying or buying a gun. And whilst you still have the gun, get another assessment or something every 6 months. I personally think that this shooting will affect America significantly more than any of the other shootings that have happened in the past.

But what gets me the most is that,

apparently, as a teacher tried to save some students, she told them to close their eyes incase she or any of the children got shot.

Fuck.

I can't stop crying.
December 14th, 2012 at 10:38pm