School shooting in Connecticut.

If you haven't already heard, there was a shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut. A fucking elementary school.

How the hell can you go to a school and shoot innocent, defenseless children? How can you look at a child and shoot them? It's bad enough to have teenagers go into a high school and shoot another. It's bad enough to have someone go into a building and shoot random people. But to have an adult go into an elementary school and shoot so many people, most children. 20 children are dead. 6 adults. How evil and cruel can you be to walk into an elementary school and shoot that many people, that many children? How can you even do that? There just is not an excuse.

I've always been worried about someone coming to my school and shooting kids in my school. People in my school are bullied all the time. I've always worried something was going to happen where one of those came in and started shooting. And the thing is, I've read Jodi Picoult's book, Nineteen Minutes. In that book, a boy is bullied from his first day of kindergarten until the day in his junior year that he goes to school and shoots multiple teenagers.

It does scare me, honestly. But really. How can someone shoot children?

And I'm sure some people will blame violence and video games and guns. Did he have to go buy those guns? No. Violence isn't encouraged by video games and movies. You make those choices to do those things. You make the choice to hurt or kill someone. You make the choice to buy a gun. You make that choice.

I can't even tear my eyes from the news. This is just insanity.
December 14th, 2012 at 10:51pm