The World Is Mourning With You

I was driving when I first heard of this today. The radio said something about an elementary shooting in Connecticut. I didn't think very much about it at first. I guess that is because I didn't know much about it.

I was talking to my aunt later and she said something about it, but we didn't really know anything about it at that point.

I went home and when my roommate got home she had told me a little more about it. I felt a little upset that somebody could be sick enough to actually go into a school and take the lives of children, but I still didn't have enough facts about the incident.

About an hour ago I saw President Obama's teary eyed speech on Facebook after reading many Facebook posts about it. I watched the speech and knew that I needed to find out more.

So I searched for it and found an article from CNN that also had some videos with it. I read the article and got the just of it. 26 people at the elementary school were killed, most being children.

I watched the video that was with the story and I started to cry. I guess putting faces to things really gets your emotions going.

Anyways, I just have a couple questions that definitely don't need to be answered because they are probably going through everybody's heads, but I'm going to ask them anyways.

1) Who would want to take the innocence away from children?
2) Who would want to take the lives away from young children?
3) How the hell did he get in if the school had a very high tech security system?
4) Why did this guy do this?
5) Why children?

I just don't think it is right.

All my thoughts and prayers go to the families and friends of those who have lost and who had children and family members at that school today. The world is mourning with you.
December 15th, 2012 at 05:34am