They released the shooting victims' names.

They released the names of the people who were shot in the school shooting this morning. There all here. Along with that, they released their birthdays and how old they are. The kids were all in the ages of six and seven. They had their whole lives before them, but they don't now.

It was hard yesterday to know that so many people were dead, and kids younger than ten were dead. My siblings are younger than ten and to even know that this could happen in an elementary school killed me. I can't even fathom what was going through that man's head to do this to little kids, to look them in the face and still shoot them.

I can't even go on facebook because everyone is expressing their prayers. A person had even posted a photo of a child's note that he left behind for his mother. I don't know if it's true, but it was certainly heartbreaking to know that a little boy knew he was going to die that he had to leave a note.

I've been crying rather hard, though I didn't know anyone personally, and I don't know anyone who knows anyone personally there. It hurts to even imagine that this could happen to my siblings. It hurts to imagine me waking up one day to have four siblings and then going to sleep with only three. I can only imagine how a person would feel knowing their son or daughter is dead.

This man who has caused this mess doesn't deserve anyone's sympathy. So what if he had a mental issue? Many people do, but you don't seem them going around and killing people. If he hadn't died, I would wish the death penalty on him. He didn't deserve to live after what he did. He didn't.

He took away twenty-six lives. Twenty of them won't experience prom, driving a car, their first kiss. They won't experience the crazy time of being a teenager or the experience of being a parent. A twenty year old man took this all away from them, and I can't even imagine what went through his head as he stared at each and every kid and shot them.

I just had to get this out. I have too many emotions right now.
December 16th, 2012 at 03:15am