I Should Be The Man

I feel horrible. I'm 22, and I was fired from my job from something that was not my fault in early November. The reason was I couldn't learn to drive an electric pallet jack. I've been waiting on unemployment, but also applying everywhere. I have a crippling fear of people/social anxiety so I have to apply to places online, and my work history is great. But, I can't get even an interview at Walmart for goodness sakes.

Anywho, I was visiting a friend in Oxford (thats located near Ole Miss University just to give you an idea even though you didn't need it, haha.

I felt like shit. I had no money, and they ended up spending all this money on me at the bar, and restraunt. I had a break down in front of this guy (he drove us the hour and some odd time to see my friend ) who I met twice..b/c I felt bad he was buying the beer.

I told my friend that I'm normally the man in a friendship and relationships. I even identify better with the man as a gender. I said...I feel like crap. I'm supposed to be buying the drinks, and opening doors. But, b/c i'm so torn up over this job thing and my people fear I can't even open a door to a bar for people.

Maybe, i'm not making sense, but I felt useless, as a man and a woman.

Ugh, just goes to show its not what you know its who you know in the employment industry.
December 16th, 2012 at 07:43am