Things I hate about Mibba: Copycats.

Now, here me out people. I don't mean copycats as you might think, no, I mean actual full on copycats, the kind that actually copy, and not just take a genre, and something like a Vampire story and make it their own into a new type Vampire story with hopefully a different plot, but reeeeaaallll Copycats. Here's what I am trying to get across, because it pisses me off a lot that Mibba doesn't see the difference, which brings me onto another subject, that I will bring across later. Ok? Ok....

Like I said, there is a difference between getting an idea from someone else and bringing it into a new light and making your own fundamental twist and plot to it. That to me, is perfectly ok and I like those type of fics that don't copy the writer, just the type of fanfic. Because let's face it, we all get inspired to write something off someone's fic off here. We read a fic about Vampires and think, "Oh wow, I really want to write a Vampire fic, but you know I think the Vampires should be in capes and live in a cave and are possessed by shiny things and sex...." And you get the idea, but that is different from the original Vampire fic, that had Vampires that go to school and have to drink Animal blood and wear rings and shit to be able to be in the sun and so on and so on....

But there is that, but then there are actual real life copycats that I hope read this and think "Hey, I'm a dick, and I can't be original enough to come up with my own shit, I turn off the internet and read a book and not actually copy that one this time!" Because I hope you do realize that, because you're beginning to piss me off, a lot.

Recently, my friend on mibba came across a fic that shocked her. It was exactly the same as hers. I don't mean that it had the same idea behind it, like the Vampire thing. I mean, completely copied, and by that I mean, "Hey, let's copy and paste this shit but copy the characters name and maybe one thing about the characters face and then Mibba can't ban me!" type of thing. It was exactly the same, she told me that it was nearly word for word, plot for plot. And this annoyed both me and her.

Here on Mibba, we hold some amazing writers. And writers who are starting out, and need encouragement. And to those writers, I tell you now, if you copy and paste fics, we won't like you and will not be classed a real writer with a mind because all you do is copy people who work hard to make chapters for people to read and get feedback on. You therefore, in my eyes, are not real writers. You're copycats, and copycats go nowhere. But the people who do make up original plot, all be it, maybe like the Vampire thing, get inspiration, and then make chapters and chapters and get feedback and get more chapter written, are the real writers, and that my new little writing buddies, are the people you should learn from. Not people who are Copycats. No one likes a fraud. No one.

And what should Mibba do about this? Listen to people who report things, because we're not lying, and you should pay attention to it. Because we don't write the average 3000 words per chapter for nothing! (What my friend usually writes up to 7000, by the way) And she doesn't do it so she can be copied from.

But hey, we learn through life. If you are a copycat, delete the fics you've copied, and write your own fic. If its self confidence, let me tell you, it doesn't come out of nowhere, you have to grow it. Talent isn't born, its gained.

Little note for you there, *peace* Chazly.
December 17th, 2012 at 11:42pm