Since everyone else is talking about it, I guess I will too.

And that, my lovelies, is gun control.

Gun control.

I believe we should have the right to have guns. Don't get me wrong, I think it's way too easy to get a gun. I think it should be harder to get one. And I don't think normal everyday citizens like you and me should be able to get assault rifles or automatic weapons. Automatic weapons, for those who don't know, are those where you can hold down the trigger and bullets will continue to come out until you run out. I mean, who needs an AK-47 or a machine gun? But I am a firm believer in being able to own guns. When I move out into my own place, I will have a pistol in my house, if I am able to.

In my house, we have 4 guns. 2 pistols, a shotgun, and a 30/30 (used for hunting). I have shot the 30/30, and let me say, I fucked that up. I didn't back up from the scope so I hit myself in the face and I'm pretty sure I gave myself a concussion. Anyways. I feel safer knowing those guns are in my house. Since I'm 16, my parents will leave me home by myself. Now, two stories that relates guns and this.

Once, I was home by myself. My parents got home and pulled the truck through out front yard (we live in the country, have 2 acres), down to the basement door. I didn't hear them honk, so I continued to watch TV. They opened the basement door and the alarm for our security system went off. I freaked and loaded the pistol, and stood there trying to figure out what door had been opened. Finally, my parents let me know it was them and I was glad I had the gun because if it hadn't been my parents, I would've wanted to be able to defend myself.

Secondly. Several weeks ago, my parents went out to dinner and to drop my mom's car off. A friend of mine was going to come over, but his mom used his car. Anyways. My parents decided they wouldn't let me know they were almost home, so when they came into the garage, the alarm went off. I grabbed the gun and walked out to the garage.

The thing? I felt better knowing I could get that gun and have the ability to defend myself. I felt safer knowing I had those 4 guns to go to.

People say a good security system will be able to stop an intruder. I'm sorry, but that's a load of shit. That alarm system won't keep that intruder from stabbing, raping, shooting, or killing you. That alarm system won't keep you safe. It will only send for the fire department, ambulance, or police. That's all it's going to do.

Some say only an idiot will stay once the alarm's sounded. There are a lot of burglars who will stay after the alarm sounds. Why? Because they believe they have time, especially if you live in the country or far out from a town like I do.

I told my dad this earlier. I know if I saw someone in my front yard, legally, I am not allowed to shoot them because they are posing no threat when in my yard. But if that person busted through my front door and posed a threat to me, they're fair game. If I saw someone in my front yard, I would call 911 and tell them, "There is someone in my front yard. I'm letting you know now, if they come through that front door, I have a gun and I will shoot them if I feel I am in danger." That's the thing to do.

I am not afraid to shoot someone if they break into my house. If I feel I am in danger, I will defend myself. Simple as that.

But like I said, I don't think civilians should be able to have access to assault or automatic weapons. Although, the only way to get an automatic (legally) is to have a federal firearms license. Now, before I get off topic again, goodbye fellow Mibbians.
December 18th, 2012 at 12:12am