A First-Hand Story about the Cons of Infusions and Immuno-Deficiencies.

Because I might be having a severe reaction to the infusion medication I got yesterday, PLUS blood poisoning. Confused? Lemme tell you alllll about my wonderful (SYKE!) week, 'kay?

-----------------

Ever since ... 3 days ago, I've been feeling kinda shitty. I got an infusion for my immune system yesterday, but Friday - Monday were just HELL for me: I have a cold and, because of my immune deficiency (that's why I get infusions), it's 100x worse. But, despite my troubles, I had to go to school. Well, with the exception of Monday, I was sat at home coughing my brains out, sneezing up the butt, and almost bored to death because I felt so bad. BUT YESTERDAY?! Yesterday was my !~*~!infusion day~!*~! and I had to sit for 10 hours with a needle jabbed in the vein going through the crook of my arm. They doctors (yeah, more than one doctor) couldn't get any other vein on my body but that one...And because they tried like 4 times for a vein, I have 2 blown veins and 1 massive bruise on my hand/wrist.

******Okay, scratch the beginning part. My Mama just called the office and talked to the head nurse, who said I DON'T have blood poisoning, but it still may be a reaction to my infusion. I'll continue now.******

So, anyways, the doctor put it in the crook of my arm and shoved it in really deep because a.) it was a butterfly needle and b.) my veins are thin and tiny (yeah, I didn't know your veins had varying sizes and thicknesses, either. o.o). I couldn't move my arm or bend it due to it being so far in, it would cause pain if I had moved it. But I found a comfortable position to play Pokemon in, and I just sat there for 10 or so hours just playing video games.

Which brings me to today. I woke up this morning and my arm was hurting so bad, but I decided to ignore it and just play it off like nothing was wrong. After all, I had /just/ gotten a whole bag of fluids pumped through me, it's gonna hurt, you know? WRONG. I came to the counseling office around 10:30 a.m. this morning because my arm was hurting so bad, was bright firetruck red, swollen like a pregnant woman's belly, and hurt even when people just ran their pinkie finger over my forearm. ANYWAYS...So I was sent back to the clinic where I had cold compresses put on it, blahblahblah, called my Mom, blah, she said I was fine, went back to class, went on with my day and the usual blahblah's, and then arrived at my house at 2:45. My sister immediately bust open her door, bounded down the stairs at Mach 1 and grabbed my arm RIGHT AS I WALKED IN THE DOOR, (gently in comparison to the way she stormed out of her room. XD) then proceeded to call my Mother back and was crying at her, begging for my Mom to take me to the hospital. She agreed and left work, only to find me being stubborn and saying that I was fine and didn't need to go to 'any goddamn hospital', because that is the truth. My Mom called the doctor's office and Terrica (the woman who oversees infusions) said to keep cool and warm compresses on it at all times for 20 minute intervals - 20 minutes with cool, 20 minutes off, 20 minutes warm, etc etc.

Which brings me here, my dear readers. I am fine and am doing fine, except for the fact that my sister is still freaking out. But whatever. If I personally feel the need to go to the hospital, I will. But nobody else will tell me what I need to do and need not to do. That sounds so bad, but that's how I roll. I'm stubborn AND head-strong, which I get from my late Gramma.

If you read all of this, you, my dear, deserve a gold fucking star.
You really do. No. Seriously. Nobody ever reads everything I write when it comes to me bitching. Never. SO THANK YOU.

'KAY BYE! xoxo
December 19th, 2012 at 09:59pm