What? What? WHAT? OH yea...this is nothing important I just didn't have a title.

Wouldn’t it be great to bring pen pals back?

Hand written letters, getting to know the way someone curves the end of an A and dot their i’s. Doesn’t that sound like a beautiful thing? An unforgettable friendship. Like…screw face to face conversation. That’s too close for me. Too dangerous. Let me confide in someone with ink, send my senior picture in the mail with a small caption on the backside of it so they at least know my eyes. And that’s all I’d ask for from them.

I’d want multiple ones, so I can collect them and hang them on my wall. My wall of close distance. I want to send letters with tear stains, smiley faces, jokes and funny doodles to portray an embarrassing moment. I want to receive the same. I want a signature smell from each pen pal on that page so I can associate it with them. Does that sound creepy? Your sense of smell is one of the best ways to solidify a memory. And I’d want to remember that penmanship forever.

I want to see the crossed out scrubbed out mistakes at the parts they try and rush and write out before they forget the enticing story at the tip of their tongue. I’d like to do the same. I want different colored ink pens for each season and dates so I can keep them all. In order. Travel with my pen pal though we haven’t left our desks. I want to get close to someone, so close to their soul— and have nothing to do with their body.

Wouldn’t that be the most beautiful thing?

I wish I had a pen pal…

Any takers? haha
December 20th, 2012 at 02:22am