Books I want to read in 2013.

I have always loved books, mostly adorable, or increasingly sexually frustrating books that leave everything to the imagination and tasteful mind that I have. I have read probably so many books, that I could start a library if I hadn't given some away to a charity shop a while back. But in the end, I love books, I love holding a book, I love the smell of books, and ... well I just love them.

Which is why I am going to tell you the top ten books, I am going to probably going to read throughout 2013. (I'll probably finish them all four months in!)

1: The Fault in our stars - John Green.

A tale about a terminally ill patient called Hazel, who becomes depressed to the idea that she is going to die. She goes to a group therapy, where she meets Augustus. They together create a bond, and decide, due to both liking the same author, to visit him in Amsterdam. While there, they realize the dark pasts on why the writer writes what he writes. And Hazel and Augustus fall madly in love, after making love, Augustus tells Hazel that the doctors found more tumors, so he is going to die soon. Hazel, and fellow friends from the therapy, help Augustus prepare for death, and do a pre-funeral, so he knows what is going to happen when the real funeral goes on.

( I am going to cry at this one, so I am reading it first!)

2: A Casual Vacancy - J.K Rowling.

I don't know much about this one, but anything by J.K is worth reading... right?

3: Uglies - Scott Westerfeld.

This book was written before The Hunger Games, and features similar pieces. It is set in the future "Three hundred years from now," and follows the tale that the world is much different than ours now. Politicians allow plastic surgery, which everyone goes through at the age of 16. They all go from being 'ugly' to societies perception of 'Pretty'. Tally, a young girl from the town, is nearing 16, and soon runs away after befriending, Shay. They meet a cluster of other runaways, who are also 'Uglies'

(this sounds fucking awesome, and there are three more books in this series. Pretties. Specials, and Extras. I will probably get them all!)

4: Starters - Lissa Price.

A world that revolves around War and weaponry, are fighting against each other. And (in what I can gather) in each side, there are the Starters (a group of 20 year olds and onwards who go out to war for the first time.) And the Enders, (A group of 60 year olds, who have made it to that age. Almost like a celebration age.) The story revolves around a group of Starters who go against the rules of war.

( and that's all I know! :S Sorry. Google it if you wanna know more!!)

5: How we Broke up - Daniel Handler.

Why We Broke Up (published now in the UK by the Egmont imprint Electric Monkey) is written for an older audience than the Snicket series. It's not giving the game away to reveal that the relationship between high school junior Min Green (short for Minerva, Roman goddess of wisdom) and Ed Slaterton, a senior, is doomed. We are shown the love affair's collapse from the start of the book, and the break-up is explained in small fragments - the "prizes and debris" which Min has kept as mementoes in a box and which she is about to dump back on her former love's doorstep. Each chapter starts with a gorgeous illustration by Maira Kalman of one of the items.

(This sounds sort of interesting, and is a underdog book, so I would like to think I have seen a book before it goes big.)

Girl, interrupted - Susanna Kaysen.

( I would be surprised if you haven't watched the Oscar adaptation of this film, so if not, watch the film. To complicated to explain!)

The Hannibal Lecter series. - Thomas Harris.

( I would be heavily disappointed if you haven't even heard of Hannibal Lecter or The Silence of the Lambs, film!)

But basically, the series have one distinct character. Hannibal Lecter, a brilliant psychiatrist and cannibalistic serial killer. In each book, it seems he helps detectives in the Police force solve cases. He mind twists, and plots. In Silence of the Lambs, he escapes, and in Hannibal we see him in Italy living a normal life, but soon gets up to his normal ways! In Hannibal Rising, we see how Lecter becomes "Hannibal the Cannibal"

(there are four books in total, Red Dragon (Even though the film is made 'after' Silence of the Lambs, its the first book!) The Silence of the Lambs. Hannibal. Hannibal Rising)

This brings me to my 10 books of 2013!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!
December 21st, 2012 at 11:28pm