Just Another Journal About Everything No One is Going to Read. I Hope Someone Proves Me Wrong.

When I was nine, my best friend Matty told me to put the things I want the most at the top of the list. After Christmas, I'd go steal my list back from mom, then go sit on the floor and check off everything I got and see if it was the top items on my list I was given. Throughout the years and after some tests, we realized that we had revised and perfected our ultimate Christmas list. Here's all of our ideas in order by year. I won't be needing them anymore, and maybe these few ideas will help someone. I can't guarantee this will work, but you can try. It worked for me and Matty, but every parent is different.

Age 9: Put everything we want at the top of our lists.

Age 10: Put everything we want in the middle of our lists after realizing that seems like where most of the presents we get are.

Age 11: Put less items on our list, randomize everything, and then shuffle our favorites to the middle in bolder writing. And then with some good luck-- you get everything you want, or at least half.

Age 12: Put our top 6 items on our lists, with 4 things we kind of want mixed in. Then, the day before Christmas raid the house and see what we got. Example, we want Assassins Creed and not Fallout. If Fallout is one of the gifts we find, we sneakily say to our parents: "Eh, I don't want Fallout anymore. My friend got it, said it wasn't that great. You can mark it off my list."

Age 14: Realize it's fun to get whatever you get, because we like surprises.
Getting older means knowing what you're getting for Christmas in my house.. And I don't like it. I love holidays, especially Halloween. And yeah, of course when I was younger, I'd go running out of my room at night to look for presents in my silk pajamas and a heavy flashlight. That was fun. But then when you get a little older, you start to realize.. It's really fun to hand someone a list and not know what you're going to get for Christmas. And now, my mom takes me to go look for things I want. Or, she's just doing it to throw me off from my real gifts or feel me out. Who knows.
Anyway, might be getting back to my writing soon. I've been really upset since Matty passed away, and I was kind of just mashing things together in notebooks and making millions of drafts on Mibba and Wordpad. Also thinking about deleting my older stories. I'm more into original fiction, scary stories or supernatural things, Mass Effect and Dragon Age. >_< Hell, I don't know what I'm doing.

I have a lot of things I think are good that I'd like to post, but I'm nervous because I haven't posted in so long.
And another thing on my mind lately. Sandy Hook Elementary. It just kills me inside every single time something like this happens. It was too much the first time it happened. Too many lives taken, too many broken heart, too many families torn apart. Now this.. Little innocent children. When are we going to do something about this? There has to be something we can do as a whole. Now, I know we are always going to have bad things happening-- horrible things-- but this, this is going too far. We have enough natural disasters, enough disease and death, enough horrible things without us shooting each other. And it's not going to stop, it's happened before, and it's going to keep happening until we do something. Enough is enough.

I don't know how to add a link anymore, but here's something I found:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/18/letter-to-jack-pinto_n_2324164.html

I saw this earlier. It made me cry. I'm guessing there's a lot more of these letters out there. I've seen a lot, and I've lost a lot of people, but this is something that is so much worse than anything I've ever seen. I can't even begin to imagine what horror those children felt that day, seeing their friends die and wondering if they were going to, too. How scary it was for those little kids, how sad... It kills me. I wish I would do something.
I'm also hoping to get together some money to mail my fiancee these presents I got her. Now she won't even get them for Christmas. It sucks really bad that I can't even send her what I have. I hate this. We haven't been talking much lately because of me taking care of my brother that has cancer. I've been having to clean for him and my mom since dad has been out looking for work.. I.. Can't even think about losing him. If we would've caught it sooner or had the money to get him through treatment, maybe, just maybe it wouldn't be this way. Only a year? That's it? I can't comprehend that.
My cats sick. She throws up all she eats and has really bad diarrhea a lot. I'm worried. We need to get some money together to take her to the vet instead of spending it on Christmas. Back in Georgia, the Humane Society would help us pay the vet bill. I don't understand why the Humane Society doesn't help in Vegas. There's a lot more people here, you'd think it would be easier to find help. I'm also upset about Lied Animal Shelter becoming a kill shelter. That place is close to my house and where I always take my animals, and now I'm worried that if one of my cats runs away, it'll get put to sleep because of hospital crowding.

I donated to them recently, blankets and food. They posted a thing online saying that the animals needed blankets because they were sleeping on the tile (due to overcrowding of cages supposedly). I tried to help. It makes me sad that the animals in there sleeping in such bad conditions are the ones going to be put to sleep soon. Couldn't they at least try to make the last bit of the animals lives happy?

I volunteered to go play with them, but then I thought it would get their hopes up and then I'd leave. I couldn't do that so instead I took pictures of all the animals, and then posted everything on CraigsList and emailed people on CraigsList looking for dogs and cats pictures of the animals that will be getting put to sleep and need homes. I already found 5 new forever homes. I'm hoping I can help the other dozen. I hate to see them all be put to sleep when I can at least try to help. It sucks because I would take them in if I wasn't living where I am.
Well, that's all for now. Message me if you want to talk, or want to co-write. I'm really interested in doing a Mass Effect story, kind of off story line with Garrus and Shepard as the two main characters. I love Garrus. ^-^ He's just a really cool character, and his whole story throughout the games is really awesome. I'm planning on making a new adventure where Shepard lives through the Reaper Invasion and saving Earth. Maybe you guys could pique my interest with a different idea, though. I'm always open to new stuff and I don't have my mind set on anything specific yet.

Also, if you have any ideas for a original fiction, I'm into pretty much everything but I really love the sci-fi genre and also supernatural stuff. Maybe something scary? A little romance thrown in? Something medieval? Dragons? You tell me.

Thanks for reading my journal, guys. Hope to hear from you on any subject mentioned in my journal, or anything else. I love talking and making new friends.
December 23rd, 2012 at 09:01am