German Exchange

I found out that I was going on a German Exchange about March this year. I knew, off by heart, the day I was meant to be going, what I needed to bring, my partners name and address and pretty much every detail about the trip. I was so fucking looking forward to it.

And then we leave on the trip and go on the ferry and everything is great; I'm laughing and having like a fab time with everyone, and I'm bonding with people I've never talked to before. The coach journey wasn't even that bad, even though I was next to someone I didn't like.

And then we get to the town and it's all okay; the girl isn't talking much but the mum is. She's chatting away about Harry Potter in fluent english and everything is actually surprisingly good.

But after the original meeting, it went shit. The girl was sitting on the other side of the room from me, she wasn't speaking any english, she wasn't even speaking german to me, and then when we went out to my friends exchange partners house, my friends' partners were talking to them in english and mine was literally just ignoring me. I was crying on the phone to my friends in england and everything was shit.

And altogether, it was literally the worst trip I've ever been on.
December 24th, 2012 at 01:58pm