I got the best present I ever could have asked for this year.

I got shoes, purses, clothes, games, jewelry, bedding, a phone and make-up galore. And I appreciate all of it more than anyone could imagine. I'm very blessed to be given these things.

But none of those things compare to what I loved and appreciated the most.

My most prized Christmas gift came from the people at ACT. My results from the December 8th date game in. I came home from my dad's Christmas Eve to see the envelope in the branches of the Christmas tree.

I was scared. My parents asked if I wanted to wait until after Christmas, but I was dying to know. I couldn't leave it until after Christmas.

So I ripped it open, expecting the worst. I felt like I'd done horribly, especially on the math portion. My goal was to be in the 27-30 range by the time I graduate in 2014.

On my first try, I managed to get a composite score of 25. I wanted to cry I was so proud. I was expecting something under 20 to be glaring back at me.

Full Sail doesn't really take ACT or SAT scores into consideration, so this strive to be in the 27 to 30 range is something I want to do for myself. Not something I have to do to qualify for college.

The report also said I'm in the top 25% of my class. My class only has about 58 kids, so I'm in about the top 15. And that makes me so happy. My goal was to knock someone out of the top 10 by graduation and now I'm so close I can taste it.

This Christmas has been wonderful.
December 26th, 2012 at 05:07pm