The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The movie looks amazing, right? I've wanted to see it ever since I read the book like a couple of months ago. The problem is, it's not in the theaters anymore. About 15 minutes away from my house there's this cheap theater that plays movies after they leave the bigger theaters, and that movie was theater. My mom, my sister, and I were all going to go there and see it and then spend the day shopping with Christmas money. I was literally too excited. And today we were thinking of seeing it because my mom was let off of work today.

But it isn't there anymore.

Of course I'm upset. But the reason for that really boils down to the fact that my mom never listens. When the movie was in the big theaters I never had any money because I was buying people presents. But I did tell my mom a thousand times how much I wanted to see it. I had the chance to see this last weekend, but my mom said there was nothing there that we'd be interested in.

And then the day after she tells me that was in there and she didn't think I'd wanna see it. That kind of thing happens all of the time. For example, she was asking me what thing I wanted for Christmas. I had a couple things on there but I specifically asked for a watch. Now, obviously she can't get me everything and that isn't what annoyed me. It's the fact that I used my gift card to buy one and she didn't even know I wanted one in the first place.

This has been reoccurring ever since my mom started dating Ron, which was about a year ago. Now I like Ron, a lot. But she doesn't seem to care to much about anything else anymore. Her concern for my sister and I when my dad went to jail was a first.

I just hate that to get her to really listen, I have to force her to look at me and tell her fifty times just to kind of remember it.

So now I have to rent it from Showtime. Which is fine and all, but I have this small little box tv that turns the entire screen green, which wasn't really how I wanted to watch that. So I'm a little peeved.

Anywhoo, I do get to go to Barnes and Noble and buy some books, so there's a plus. :3
December 27th, 2012 at 08:02pm