Brigid; the triple goddess

I honestly believe Brigid has been trying to connect with me for a while now. Ever since the moment I had begun reading in to Paganism. I've been just so oblivious not to read all the signs. It explains a lot.

The closeness to the fire (Her) in the fact that I always carry lighters with me when I don't smoke (this started even before I began practicing Paganism). The bees (symbolic of Her) in the springtime that flock to me, the ones that I never kill, or even want to for that matter (also started happening before my practicing, it's been going on for years). And just recently when I was out with my mother, there was a sure sign from her that I had not noticed until a couple days ago. Bells, another thing symbolic of her; broken ones. So I find it safe to say she's not pleased with me.

Up until recently I had been teaching myself about Paganism because I felt a sense of home and belonging in it. I'm a spiritual person. But though I felt that attachment I've never felt an attachment to it like this until now. All the signs and the feelings.

I made an altar a while back but recently took it down (kind of) when I cleaned my room. I think maybe that's what upset her. So far the bells are the only sign she's given me to convey some feeling of offense or disappointment. So, on my trip downtown today I'm hoping to collect some new things for my altar and reconstruct it when I come home. It would be nice to meditate and pray for a little while and see if she can tell me what she wants to.
December 28th, 2012 at 04:52pm