I'm chubby and that's okay. [i'm a one-girl revolution.]

It's taken me just under 19 years to get here, but here I am. Loving myself. Every. Single. Inch.

And I'm determined to make the world see that it's okay to love yourself. That it's okay to be chubby. It's okay to be skinny. It's okay to be androgynous. It's okay to be gay, straight, bi, pan, asexual. It's okay to be yourself. And anyone who tells you different is not worth the time of day. Too many people try and get equal rights for a group by putting down another group. You know, like "real women have curves" or "gay's are just more open-minded." and this is not the way to do it. You can't build yourself up by standing on the backs of the people you've knocked down.

But you know what else? I also have to love my flaws. I talk too much. I'm awkward. I have short legs. I have the mother of all bad hair days. I look bad when I'm asleep. I ugly cry. So if anybody ever insults me, I'll just be like "yeah, and? I know all this, were you going somewhere with that?"

I'm not going to change for anybody, but I am going to change the way I think for myself. I'm gonna cherish every single bit of my body. My chubby thighs are my chubby thighs and I love them. They're soft and squishy and they're scarred but that's okay because they're gonna be tattoo'd soon. My belly is my belly and if it's not flat or a six-pack that's okay because it's mine and it's soft and my cat likes to snuggle it and I like to stroke it. So what if I'm not society's idea of what's a good figure, my extra pounds gave me the boobs I've wanted for years and hell no I'm not giving them up.

So you know what? I am who I am and that's pretty fucking cool and I'm proud of that and that's pretty fucking sexy. And you are who you are that's pretty fucking cool too, and you should be proud of that cos you're goddamn beautiful.

I am done trying to please people I don't know or care about. I am a one-girl revolution and even if I just change one thing, just help one person love themselves, fuck it that's good.
December 30th, 2012 at 02:46am