I refuse to go out tonight; leave me reads?

It's so fucking cold. It's freezing rain outside. The roads are so slippery. And I'm supposed to be going to my friend's house for a game night. Because that's what all the cool twenty-almost-twenty-one-year-olds do with their time. But because of the circumstance previously listed, I'm not venturing outside of my house.

I originally planned to spend the night curled up with a book, but I thought to myself: "Self, why not spend the night reading stories on the Mibba?" And so, friends, family, loved ones, that is what I intend to do.

So please: recommend me something! I do like original fiction (I'm a sucker for a good teen romance), but I'll also read fanfiction as well, though the window of opportunity there is a little smaller. Seven chances out of ten, I'll read a bandfic (even if I've never heard of the band). I'm also into hockey fics as of lately. I am, however, partial to fics on Carey Price. That man is a god.

In turn, I shall recommend to you, o' users of the Mibba and readers of this blog, some fics that I think everyone should read at some point in their lives.

Glass Houses by Average Lifesaver;;
Okay, so I stumbled across this last week after the author had posted the blog addressing something in the story. Curiosity got the better of me, so I decided to read the story in question. I am so glad I did!! Honestly, I've read a lot of stuff on Mibba - some good, some not so good - but this story is definitely up in the top ten of stories I've read. It's completed and there's a sequel, Letters Home, so you don't even have to wait for updates - which, trust me, would be torture. To give you a quick summary, it's basically about a young musician, Juliette Daes, who happens to be the daughter of a musical legend. She's just recently overdosed and is dealing with the horrible press following a terrible second album, so she goes to her father's lake house with the intent to clear her mind and write the band's third album. In the isolated town, she meets Noah Eckert, who has had to change everything about his way of life as he's recently gone blind. I don't want to go into anything else, because I don't want to spoil anything, but that's all in the summary.
Go read it. It's amazing.

Mimi by celestical;
I actually just found this one today. It's an original fiction, eight chapters in. I have no idea where it's going, but I'm loving what's been happening so far. I don't even really know how to explain what's going on, but it's a romance from what I can see. It's also a sequel to Juno which I haven't read, but plan to. Something I really like, however, is that it doesn't seem necessary to read the first story in order to follow the events of the sequel.

I don't have the patience to write out summaries or my opinions on these next few, but that doesn't mean they deserve less attention. Check them out, seriously.

The Next Sixteen Minutes by Galloping.Foxley

Four Petals by alexandra.

I'm done now.

Comment away with any recs, please and thanks!

xo
breaking faces

Also, this has been updated. You could read that, too. If you'd like.
December 30th, 2012 at 10:06pm