People are hypocrites. Myself included, for the longest time.

I'm sure people have blogged about this before, but age. Specifically, the ages of two people dating.

Why is it frowned upon for someone so much younger to be dating someone so much older? As long as they're both adults, as in 18+, I don't really care.

I wasn't always saying that, though. When I would hear of a 20 year old dating a 40 year old, I would say "ew" and "how gross that is." I don't think that way anymore, though.

Even now, when I see that happening on things like Maury, I'll start saying that and then stop myself. I don't care how old anyone is. Love is love. And I constantly remind myself that. Because one day I want to fall in love, and not care how old he is.

I feel like a lot of people are hypocrites about this though.

Like, they'll shame a younger/older relationship, then obsess over wanting to date a celebrity twice their age.

For example, Nikki Sixx. He's the bassist of Motley Crue. He's in his 50s. His now fiance, she's in her 20's. And they've been dating for a few years now. And people think it's gross. But then say how much they'd date him and sleep with him.

What's the difference? Because his fiance gets to and you don't? Why is it so gross for her to, and not you?

The thing I'm saying here is that I'm trying to be more accepting when it comes to love. Because if I was in my 20's and fell in love with someone who was 50, I wouldn't want someone telling me how gross it is.

Because it's not.

And I see that now. I have for a while.

Just wanted to share my thoughts and get others opinions on this.

Pointless blog is pretty pointless and random.
December 31st, 2012 at 04:36am