obligitory end of the year blog

2012 is just hours away from ending with all of it's apocalyptic, political and social scares. ( for me they all seem the same) however, we still can't end the spread of stupidity which is very sad, seeing as we live in the age of technology and all of the advances we have made so far. oh, and thank gosh that i do not have to suffer through any more sparkly vampire flicks i thought it would never end! but karma pulls through and brings forth "the hobbit" which was pretty awesome if you have not seen it yet.
another great moment was when i got to go to ny to madison square garden and see l'arc en ciel live in concert! (ahhhh! fangirl squeal!!) i wish they were still active, but alas the pains of being a fan. *tears*
let's not forget graduating undergrad and moving to grad school, as well as relocating to a new state. btw, do your research before you move to a new state. the one i'm in blows...but it makes coming home that much sweeter

looking back, i do feel like this year was my most chaotic yet. not in the social way, but more internal sense. i have never asked my self really what i wanted to do and i think i've done my fair amount of soul searching ( which i still go back to occasionally) on the things i like and want to do. yet, i still feel i have not satisfied that creative aspect in me yet. it makes me sad, however i will go through pains to make sure i do not regret my own decisions.

i go through my daily life being called weird and unconventional, but at the end of the day it's not so easy to conform my thoughts to traditional ones. i hate to admit it, but i like creating things and calling them my own, the moment right after i find my own unique solution to any problem be it making a xmas card to writing a song i'm the most happy.

not to totally rant about my own life, but i sincerely do hope that everyone has done all they can and have succeed in their own way. persisting in what we think is the way we should go is pretty fun, i think more people should explore that.
ending on that note, here's a quote from ken, l'arc en ciel's guitarist, who is much more than just a guitarist to me: "There's a way of thinking that says what's cool about being an adult is that you listen more to other people's opinions. But I think there's some worth in sometimes closing yourself off again, or maybe just to get lost in your imagination more."
January 1st, 2013 at 02:16am