Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013. (A message to all my "fans", readers, friends)

I just want to say thank you. To all of you. Without all your support, I would never be where I'm at today with my writing. I probably would have given up by now. But all your love, support and comments has kept up my motivation and brought me to where I'm at today.

You all have made me become someone. I always thought that I would be a nobody. I have maybe 3-4 close friends but none of them really hang out with me. I mostly just spend my life on the internet or writing for you guys. When I started writing, I never thought I would have harbored a fan base. I started writing for myself, just to see if I could go anywhere with it. And boy, did my writing take off.

I've managed to rope in 60 subscribers on my story Saviour. That's the biggest amount of subscribers I've ever had on any story before. I'm actually in tears right now because of how happy you all have made me. Even all you silent readers out there. Just knowing that you are reading and enjoying my stories is all I could ever ask for.

I may not be good enough to get a review on my stories or to get one of my stories published but none of that matters to me. All that matters is that I have the small group of fans that enjoy my writing and enjoy talking to me. You've all made me feel like I matter. You've all accepted me for who I am and you've accepted the choices I've made within my writing. If I decide I want to try something new to test my boundaries, you guys are always supportive. If I write a sucky sex scene (because, let's face it. I suck at writing smut.) you guys say it was awesome anyway.

I work so hard to please all of you and this is me just telling you all how much all of my hard work has paid off. I wanted you to know that I appreciate all of you. You may think "Oh, I'm just another one of her readers. I don't matter all that much. I'll never be as good as her."

My message to you? You do matter. I was once in that position, thinking I didn't matter. When I first joined this site a year ago, I began reading through other people's stories and looking back at mine thinking how sucky mine were compared to theirs. What did I do? I kept writing. That's all it takes to become a better writer. Read and write everyday. Hell, I still think my writing sucks. I find it funny sometimes how you guys praise me and fangirl over my stories.

In the end (for all my Black Veil Brides lovers like me out there), I just want to say happy new year to you all. You've all given me inspiration, a few laughs along the way and especially hope. I'm so excited to start this new year with you all and bring you more new fantastic stories.

I love you all.

--Molly
January 1st, 2013 at 06:32am