Did This Really Just Happen?

"It's because you love me."

"What?!"

"Let's face it. We both know you don't react to these things the way you have with me. You liked those other guys but you love me."

"I...don't know"

"That's exactly what it is. Love clouds your mind and judgement"

"Well if that's what it is I don't want it."

"We don't choose who we fall in love with. That's a matter of fate."

"Well either way I'm going to get over it. Over you."

"Trust me I've tried that. It doesn't work."

"It will work for me."

"Is loving me that bad?"

"No. Loving you while you love her is that bad."

"Story of my life."

"I don't think it's love. I don't get attached to people. They hurt you and leave you."

"Too late for that."

"You know maybe you can't get over her because there's still hope for you two. Me I can get over it because I have no hope."

"Maybe someday, but not right now. I'm still broken over her."

"Just don't say that."

"Why?"

"Because you don't mean it."

"But I do."

"You're just going to give me a false sense of hope."

"It's not false. I do care about you. Just this whole thing with us... You were there at the worst possible moment."

So is that him admitting he used me? Is that me admitting I love him? Is this him stringing me along? Does any of it actually mean anything? How could I ever have a chance when he loved/still loves her? How could I compare to her? How could I ever be worth anything compared to her? She's gorgeous and thin and popular. I'm just me. And no matter how many times he assures me that I'm good enough, I know better.
January 1st, 2013 at 07:25am