The Worst Part About Break Is Going Back To School

Let me fill you in on a little soumin' sumin' about me. I haven't always been the coolest, prettiest, or popularist girl. (popularist isn't a word). I've been the outcast the wierdo, and hang out with some of the pretty unpopular crowd. It's always been like that, bullied and underestimated, and the sad but true fact is... it's probably not going to change. No matter what I do.
I went into winterbreak knowing tat when I came back to school I'd be the same me and everyone will still thing I'm the freak. Soon I realized that I was not, in fact, going to be the same person. I figured this out when I opened up my christmas presents to find make-up and popular brand name clothes that all the other girls were wearing. I also later found that I didn't get as much clothes as I wanted and was going to have to go back for the 2nd semester in mostly the same clothes as the 1st semester.
Even after my mom bought me two pair of flip sequin boots from charlotte russe, one in pink and one in blue, and the cutest pair of flats I've ever seen. The flats were oxford loafer things that had an old classy style to them. They are this minty green and have cute little pink and white flowers on them. I can wait to wear them!
But anyways, I begged my mom to take me shopping for clothes, but she wouldn't budge. Then I asked her if we can atleast buy some nude tights and a matching skirt to go with my new oxford loafer flats and she said yes, but not until after they arrive. Which was fine because she'll go and take me shopping and she'll end up buying me more clothes that just the skirt and nude tights.
So, i went back to school today. I wore my black yoga pants that have purple trim on top and when you flip them over they say 'love pink' (My Aunt Lynn got the for me for christmas), a black tank top that says the word "'pink' on my left boob in all caps, a blue-green see-threw top with a zipper in the back from a.n.a, and some brown boots with white fur trim at the top and the zippers on the innerside of my legs (I will admit that they're from payless).
I washed my hair really well the night before and brushed my hair down and to the side for the style. I put on light brown eye shadow, tried to do my waterline but it didn't work out will so I just ended up making my light brown into a dark brown. applied my NYC Sky Rise Mascara, put on some light pink lipgloss, and put on the necklace my brother gave me for my birthday (which BTW is 4 days after christmas). I was ready to go. I slid my phone and lipgloss into my left boot, got my bag, and headed out the door, down to the bus stop.
I felt pretty snazzy and let's admit, I did look pretty good. And when I go to school, things actually did feel different! It ended up being a great day and I was glad that I was back.
January 4th, 2013 at 01:07am