Sex in Stories, things that irritate me.

Can we please not use the word "member" anymore to describe a penis? I mean there are so many different words other than member. When people say member and it's like a bandfiction, I'm like "Are you talking about another band member or are you talking about a penis?" You can use words like "Cock, penis or dick."

I also cannot stand when people use the word "hole" for a vagina. You can use other words to make your sentence sound better other than "He stuck his member in my hole." I mean using words like that and writing sentences like that just make the scene awkward and I don't really want to read after that. I mean use the word "vagina," that's what is called. It's not called a "hole." It's a VAGINA.

I feel like authors also should add some dialogue in sex scenes other than "mmm. Uh-huh. Ugh ugh, faster." It just makes everything creepy and I don't even know.

Another thing that irks me in sex scenes is when people are taking their clothes off, what the fuck happens to their socks and shoes? Do they just keep them on throughout the sex? Do they take them off?

Can someone also switch the sex up every now and again? I mean the woman doesn't always have to bottom. Make the woman dominant for a change. The man doesn't always have to have control. He can be a submissive for once, Jesus.

If you aren't comfortable with writing sex, then you shouldn't write it. A lot of times in stories, in their author's notes people will ask "I really want to write sex but I suck at it so, will someone write it for me?" If you aren't comfortable or you don't think you're good enough at writing sex, practice your sex scene writing. Don't ask other people to write it for you. It's completely okay to ask for pointers on writing sex scenes and asking for constructive criticism but don't get other people to do it for you. When, you get someone else to write it for you, it just kind of throws the whole story off because it's not your writing. Just keep practicing and reading other people's sex scenes, you'll get great at it. :)

I forgot to add, does it bug anyone else when guys, in sex scenes, have the biggest penis ever? I mean people act like guys have like giant, foot long penises all the time. I can understand some people having giant penises but like every single time the guy whips it out, it's like twenty inches long or something.

These things have probably been said like five hundred million times but whatever, I just felt like saying them again.
January 4th, 2013 at 08:54am