Bored of Mibba + Freelance Writing

Every so often I get super excited about Mibba. I want to start a billion new stories and update older ones. I become extremely active in the forums, blogs, and such. It's sort of like a high phase for me. Once the excitement has dried out I come crashing down. Well fellow mibbians, I have crashed yet again. This time I'd like to get back up and stay on here, but nothing is keeping my interest at the moment.

It's also not just that I'm getting bored with mibba, but I feel like it's not challenging enough. I think I need to challenge myself with my writing and I don't get that here. It's great to get comments, recommendations, and subscriptions, but all of that means nothing if I can't get some decent feedback every so often. And yes, I know there are beta readers on here, but it's hard to find them. Besides, I'd want someone who I know is a better writer than who can help me rather than push me down. I guess that's why I've never tried asking for a beta reader.

I would like to find websites that would allow me to grow as a writer, but I wouldn't even know where to begin. If you know of any that would be great. Until then I guess I'll stick with mibba, but I won't be all that active, not that anybody would notice. aha

Which leads me to the Freelance Writing I mentioned in the title of this blog. I want to try it out. At first it was just desperate for money, but now as I look through these two sites; www.odesk.com and www.elance.com, I want to do it improve my writing. I've said that a lot in this.

Granted the money would be an extra bonus. I kind of need it right now. Due to miscomunication between employee and manager I am not scheduled at all this week. I get paid $8.13 an hour, I get paid every week, and Wednesday (pay day) I'll have a 21 hour paycheck. Seems good, right? It would be if I didn't have car insurance that's $100 a month due on the 18th, and if I was getting paid in two weeks, but I'm not. So, I'll have to survive off one paycheck for two weeks. It doesn't help that I have class 4 days a week and my boyfriend doesn't even have a job yet.

It's not the worst situation, but it's still a bit aggravating to say the least. So, I think Freelance Writing would do two things for me; help my writing and earn me some extra cash, especially with MegaCon coming up in March. So many things I need and want to buy. Bleh. I feel broke even though I'm not completely broke.

What's your opinion on freelance writing? People seem to be very successful at it, plus it's from home, for the most part.


- Lynnete
January 5th, 2013 at 01:06am