I'm writing again -

I've just posted the first chapter to a story I hope I can keep working on. I've only finished one story in the fast many years I've been using this site. But maybe I can actually work this one through. It's titled American Spirit. It would be awesome if you guys could take a look at it. Here's the summary if you want to know the basis of what they story will be about:
_____________________________________________________________________
Florence hasn't been having the best luck with boys over the course of the previous year. After being dumped twice and having been let down by what had seemed like more than a one night stand, she thinks she's done trying to pick out the right man to finish off her senior year of high school. After a couple months of being single, and convincing herself that she can be independent and happy at the same time, she finds Jake Carpenter. A slightly older man, with a big truck and a beard in the making, who lives in a neighboring town.

Jake wants all he can get from Florence, but Florence is scared that from the short time knowing her, he might not like what he'll come to find about her. Past her regrettable mistakes and her many habits, will Jake still find her to be the smart, beautiful, and steady headed girl he finds her to be?
____________________________________________________________________

Any way, that's it. It'd be great to get some feedback, this being my first story being worked on in the past couple years.

Anything helps guys! Thanks for you time, have a lovely January's day!
January 5th, 2013 at 01:26am