Just me, complaining.

It's weird. You know, coming back to this site after such a long time away. You don't know who's "Mibba famous" or exactly what users have that little clique with their inside jokes and journals (though I guess they're actually blogs now) that heaven forbid anyone but their besties comment on. Or maybe we did away with that?

Anywho, I just want to blog about a whole bunch of topics right now because I've spent weeks on my own, except for that awful, boring New Year's Eve... but we won't talk about that.

I bought The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for my 3DS. I don't know what it is, but I'm so much better at playing handheld systems than any system hooked up to a TV. I think the smaller screen has something to do with it. The monsters aren't as big, so I don't freak out as much. Like, Majora's Mask is just a no go. When that moon with its creepy smile gets closer and closer and bigger and bigger--just no. But I managed to beat Minish Cap no problem. I lost Phantom Hourglass, otherwise I think I would have been able to beat that one too...

You know what my dad asks when he wants to know how a video game is going? "Did ya defeat that game yet? Did ya end that game yet?" I just taught that man how to text, so it kinda makes me chuckle when he tries to be all technologically savvy.

I think my accent is getting worse. I'm just barely on the fringes of the southern states, and I grew up with people speaking with southern accents. Younger me thought it sounded fun, so I would imitate them. Eventually, I got stuck speaking that way and was very conscious about it. I would always try to correct myself. But now I think I'm starting to care less what people think about me in general, so three cheers for awful grammar and butchered words!

Oh gawd. This is going to sound shallow. Very, very shallow. But what is it about me that attracts the creepy guys? I think they all think I'm a typical teenage girl and therefore crave attention. They think if they're nice enough, if they appear interested enough, if they feed me the right lines, I'll fall for it. And that I don't take relationships seriously; that I believe in the MTV version of a relationship. Like they don't think I can see all that. Like they can't see that I am a fantastic individual, and as an individual, I expect to be wooed as such. Lines only work if you know me well enough to use the right ones at the right time. And asking me to enter into a relationship with you only works if you've made the effort and taken the time to actually get to know me first.

The most recent case: This boy started talking to me yesterday. He used the pity plea: Right off the bat, he asked me if he was ugly because he was rejected on New Year's. As soon as I told him that everyone gets rejected, even me, and that's no reason to feel worse about yourself, he tells me that he couldn't see why anyone would reject me because he wouldn't. And today, right off the bat again, he asks me if I'm single and if I would go out with him. Boy please, you don't even know my favorite color, let alone how to deal with my crazy ass in a relationship.

Image
Image

My sentiments exactly, Doctor and Iron Man.

On another, more exciting note, I bought books! Three for myself: a Hulk encyclopedia, a Dalek handbook, and volume two of Vampire Knight. I also bought CD's: Mellencamp, Bowie, INXS, and Woe, Is Me.

Gosh, I'm just a fantastic person. :D

Image
January 5th, 2013 at 06:30pm