Well, What Am I Supposed To Do Now?

Lately I've realized that I tend to second guess myself a lot. Everytime I want to do something and I start gaining up enough courage to actually do it, I stop moments before I actually make a move and think about the alternatives that could happen. This happens mainly when it comes to meeting new people. I always think that once I introduce myself, they are going to either be my friend and engage in the conversation with me or talk to me and then go and make fun of me to their other friends once I leave. I hate living like this because as of right now, I only have one or two close friends and one of them is my twin sister.

I don't know what it is, but ever since 2012 ended I've wanted to make a change with my life and one of those things is to stop being so damn antisocial and meet new people. How am I supposed to do that when all I think about is the negative things that could come from that? I don't know, I just don't like where my life was going last year and I am determined to make this year drastically different and the main thing I want is to go out and live life like your "stereotypical college student" well minus the drinking and the partying. I just want to have all of these amazing memories from college that I can tell my kids one day and so far I really haven't had any. I just wish I would stop second guessing myself and gain the courage to follow through with meeting new people.
January 8th, 2013 at 05:47am