Your not weak, your in pain ~ Suicide

Suicide? The easy way out? There is nothing even remotely easy about suicide. Do you think it's easy to fight every natural instinct in your body that tells you to survive? Do you think it's easy to come to the decision that ultimately, it would be better if you were dead? Better for you, for your friends, for your family. Because when you're suicidal, you consider everything. You consider what would bring your loved ones pain. So that's why you hold off for as long as you can, you try as hard as you can. But sometimes you can't do it. Suicide doesn't happen because you're feeling a little sad one day or because your boyfriend dumped you. It's because everything is overwhelming. You can't see any light in your life and your vision is shrouded in darkness. You can't envision a future without pain; hell you can't envision a future at all. You have no hope for anything. You have been too strong for far too long. So you do it. You take the plunge. You jump off the building. You walk in front of the train. You do it in the hopes that it will make the voices stop, it will make the hurt go away and it will relieve your parents of the burden that you think you are. If you think going through all of this makes you weak, then you're delusional.

I put this on here because I am a big believer about putting yourself in other peoples shoes. i have struggled with suicide before and I know how painful it is to deal with it, its not easy.
So anyway, I talked to a girl today who had no idea I had this problem and she was saying how stupid it is for people to kill themselves, so got really into it saying that if you live through a suicide attempt, it was just for the attention and that if there going to do it just do it already. Ignorant things like that. I was disturbed with her thought pattern. At that moment I was unable to put myself in her shoes, i was so sadden that she thought that. I do not know her that well so, I don't know what shes been through or if some close to her committed suicide and shes not gotten past it. I cant say anything bad about her, just that i want her and other people who don't understand to realize that suicide is not a choice, its a overwhelming feeling when pain, outweighs coping skills.

My rant is over, i would love comments.
If anyone need to talk at all, you can always message me.
January 9th, 2013 at 02:01am