What to say?

In light of a recent event, I'm starting to realize that I have a knack for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time pissing off whomever I'm talking to, specifically a woman of interest.. Whether it's because if inconsideration, a misunderstanding, or just not thinking at all, something flies out of my mouth and pisses someone off something fierce to the point of no communication. I feel like a complete idiot for saying something I did not mean but making it sound like I did.

And for making said mistake, I have let down my conversational partner, and in doing so, the trust and respect we held towards each other as well. I have a feeling it'll be a little bit until we speak again. But why must a misunderstanding be treated so severely when all it takes is a little point in the right direction for what I meant to say? This has baffled me more than once, and really makes me feel like a jackass for saying what caused each separation, and the thought that I have ruined an excellent friendship breaks my heart.

What can I do to mend the wound that I have created? Normally I'd give the one I offended something in apology, but this time the odds are stacked against me since we are on opposite corners of the globe. This time, the only thing I can give is my word that I really, truly didn't mean what I said. It's difficult to apologize with just words when I'm only a picture on the screen and a sound from a speaker and can't really do anything else for them. No hugs. No gifts.. Only a pitiful attempt to mend it all with text, my voice, and a pixelated smile. Not exactly much to give, but right now, it's all I've got to give, and by God, I'm gonna make the most of it.

I'm saddened that it has come to this, but things like this are always bound to happen. My parents, for example, have had countless of arguments that always end up with them being upset at each other. But some how, they manage to make it up to one another and carry on being happy with how things are. Having grown up around that, I've learned that any bump in the road that comes between two people will pass as long as both are dedicated to passing that bump together. I just hope that she is willing to meet me on the other side. If she is, I'll be here waiting with my (virtual) arms open wide.

In hopes that things will turn out ok, cheers!

-Nathan
January 9th, 2013 at 07:55am