Everyone is Judging

((The following is a facebook status I posted a while ago))

People bug me so much when they say stuff like, "Don't judge me!" or stuff like that constantly. I mean, all you're doing when you say this is revealing the fact you have insecurities about yourself; as if you believe you have something about yourself to be judged about that will make people think negatively about you or that you even care if those people care negatively about you in the first place.

And then people complain about "judgemental people" when the truth is we're all judgemental because it's programmed into our heads to do so. This IS NOT a bad thing, I'm not saying it is the most reliable way to find something out about a person, or that you should totally base your opinion on that person through those judgements, but use them wisely.

As a society we use our appearance to tell the world who we are and what we stand for as well as our interests and such and such. This can be used to attract people we want to be around and repel people we don't want around. This means we can use it as a sign to see similarities between us and other people, therefore we can determine good matches between us quickly, and what is wrong with that? Our brains are amazing things and honestly, we really should listen to them more often.

In short? We're all judging, and the people who avoid us because of that are the people we don't want to be around anyway.
January 9th, 2013 at 11:24pm