Should I Be Worrying About This So Much?

Ever since I've been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder a few months back I keep over analyzing certain parts of my life, especially when it comes to dating and meeting new people. Everytime someone new pops in I get all excited and then that excitement quickly turns to worry. I start thinking about things going great between us, and then something goes wrong and they don't want to be a part of my life anymore. I guess this situation has gotten worse since about a month ago I had a falling out with my best friend of over ten years and now I want absolutely nothing to do with her. She was a big part of my life for over half of it and now I don't even want her around anymore.

Now that she is no longer a part of my life I was assigned a new roommate for the spring semester and so far things are going quite well. I just can't help but think that in a short amount of time, things are going to go sour between us (like my previous friendship) and my living situation will be completely miserable again. I mean, since we started talking a few days ago I found out that we do have the same goals when it comes to our education (thank goodness) and that she is slightly antisocial (like me) and that she wants to branch out a little bit. Both are two of my highest priorities at the moment which are somethings my last roommate/friend didn't even care about thus making the living situation extremely awkward.

I don't know, I just don't want to screw things up with this new roommate and have her dislike me for the rest of the time that we live together. I mean, she did tell me that she hopes we can be great friends and so far I am getting a good vibe from her. I really don't have any complaints about her which is a good thing. I just hope everything goes well between her, my sister, and I.
January 10th, 2013 at 01:14am