Reason's Honey Boo Boo Is Fabulous

Here comes Honey Boo Boo is a spin off of the Toddler’s and Tiara’s child who calls herself Honey Boo Boo. A lot, and I mean a lot of people find reasons to hate this show. Let’s take apart the fact that the family is clearly redneck and insane and most of them are over-weight. Looking at the TV show as an outsider and someone who is naturally a person who dislikes most things, you’re obviously going to find some things that are bad about this show. But take a second and watch them, all of them, and watch carefully.

Looks: Honey Boo Boo is a chunky little girl and especially with America and media being the way it is now, not many chunky girls can go around flaunting it. She’s proud of the way she looks and she’s not going to change herself or dislike herself because of everyone in the world making fun of her. That can prepare her later on in life for the hell that is high school. And her mom, June, is equally in touch with herself. She calls herself beautemous, which I never will know how to spell correctly, even though she knows that she’s overweight. In this America? It’s hard to do.

Parenting Skills: You may look at their family and think that their mom is a bad mom. But I don’t think so. Alana (honey boo boo) loves doing her pageants and strives with them. When Alana doesn’t want to do something, she doesn’t have to do it when it comes to pageants. They even said that if she ever wants to stop, she’ll stop. She doesn’t spoil her kids either. She finds ways to have fun without spending a lot of money, even though their family gets money from the show. They do Christmas in July to raise money for a charity and they have traditions, and they stick to them. I don’t know about you, but with all the fun they have throwing pumpkin guts around, I get kind of jealous. My family will never be as close as theirs and I bet most of yours wouldn’t either. She let’s her kids be kids but when it comes down to it, if she thinks her kids aren’t doing right she stops it. She got them etiquette lessons and budgets for her kids food. She does extreme coupons as well. Take your 6 year old kid and raise a bunch of toys for Charity then try to take those toy from them. Most of your kids would be screaming, Alana is glad to help.

Gay Rights: The other reason I fell in love with this show is because her kid’s aren’t hateful. They’re silly to each other but clearly, in order for a kid to say that “Ain’t nothin wrong with bein’ a little gay, everybody’s a little gay” is simply fabulous.

She’s cute: She knows she’s cute and she knows exactly where she fits in. She’s spunky and knows that every one of the people in the world are beautiful, no matter what size, shape, sexuality or race.

To put it simply, the family may be a little whacked out sometimes and a bit crazy but who wouldn’t love to have fun like they do? And have the balls to put it all on TV? You better redneckognize!
January 10th, 2013 at 06:15am