Girl Time — Something We All Need After a Breakup

Hello, everyone! How are y’all today? Me? I’m just fine and dandy. You know, other than being depressed over a breakup.

I really just want to get over him by this point. I’m sick of crying over him. It’s been over a week now, and I’m still hung up on him.

Maybe today will be the day. The day that I get over him.

Om Nom Ninja Sheep is coming over to my house. We’re going to have some “girl time.” She’s here to support me and help me through it. She has since he broke my heart. She’s called me and talk me through this entire time.

One thing that’s really bothering me right now is that yesterday he asked if he could come over to her house today. Ninja immediately said that she was coming over to mine, and then, in my mind, it seemed almost implied that he could come over. I doubt that he will, but I’m still tensed for if he does.

I really hope that he won’t show up, though.

I explained to Ninja how my family would not be okay if he came over. They’re all mad at him for breaking my heart and are more likely to make him stay outside and wait for his dad to pick him up then let him in.

I’ve got no hard feelings for him breaking up with me. He explained to me that it was all him—that things were going on, and that he felt no spark for me. Even though it hurts to think about it, I know it’s true. I respect that he told me what was really going on rather than making up some stupid lie and dragging my own best friend into it as well.

It hurts to go to school and sit by him. At the same time, I feel relaxed by it. It lets me know that he doesn’t hate me. That he won’t make Ninja suffer because we broke up.

I’ve been so selfish this past week. All I’ve been thinking about is me. I’ve been thinking about nothing but how I feel and what I want. I feel like an awful person with this realization. I’ll ask Ninja how she feels today. She usually doesn’t tell me, but it never hurts to ask her.

We’re going to have so much fun today! It doesn’t matter what I feel about him, I will make myself be happy for her sake. We’re going to do our nails (speaking of which I need to take off my current nail polish), do our hair, and just hang out like we usually do. It will be awesome. I swear on it.

She’s coming to support me, and let me talk it all out. Tell her how I feel about this whole thing right now. I appreciate that so much. To know that she has my back through this whole thing really has made it so much easier on me. Especially when my other friends are in it, too, and are showing their love and support. It’s times like these when you can really tell who are your real friends.
January 12th, 2013 at 05:16pm