Let Me Make My Own Choices.

So I'm 18 and I've only worked at one job. Reason is because my parents wanted me to focus on my school work when I was in highschool and had to wait til I graduated. I got a job working at Quiznos last summer. Terrible job. I hated it but I kept working there til I started school. So I was jobless from then until now.

My friend called me and explained that where he use to work, the lady is looking for a waitress where I would only work once every two weeks. It isn't so bad because it wouldn't interfere with my schooling once it starts up in a week n half. My dad doesn't want me to work there, he rather wants me to work at the school. This guy that works at the school has been telling us he would find me a job there since November. I have yet to get it. I'm not going to keep waiting for this guy to find me a job. I'm willing to work the one on Saturday. I told my dad I want to work there to at least have a little cash on me and he basically threw a fit.

He said I was talking back to him, and challenging him when I told him I wanted to work at the restaurant in case I didn't get the job at the school. Then he goes on calling me a sorry ass person because I sit in my room half the day on the computer and doesn't do anything around the house. I do dishes and a few other things. That's something. I really want a job, this job cause I feel I'd get it and cause it isn't a big restaurant like McDonalds so not a lot of people will apply for it.

I just want to make my own choices. If I want to work here for awhile until I get the job at school then let me work. Don't tell me I can't because you don't want me to work there. Its my life. I'm the one that will be working there. Not you. Me. Stop trying run my life for me.
January 12th, 2013 at 08:01pm