My heart is breaking

Yesterday, I learned a boy at my old High School attempted suicide yesterday. That boy is currently on life support, and has been pronounced brain dead. My heart is absolutely broken, because even though I do not know him in particular, and though I am friends with his brother to an extent to say hello, I cannot fathom how he was so sad to take his own life. It sort of kills me inside, to know that another person was taken by sadness, and I just don't know what to do but feel awful.

This boy, took his life because among other things, he was being bullied at school. I'm not sure to what extent he was being bullied, or what else was going on, but I do know that bullying wasn't the only result of his death. Regardless, it just reminds me that though we try so hard, I don't think we can fully stop bullying.

So because I'm not sure we'll ever win the fight against stopping bullying, I want to ask you guys to maybe try and take a second out of your day to tell someone that they're beautiful. If you know they're having a hard time, or even if you think that they're a bit odd, offer a smile. We never know whose fighting a battle against themselves.

I wanted to write about this with those on Mibba because I feel like it was inappropriate to share it on my Facebook and Twitter. I don't want to put the victims business on my social networking sites where people know him, because I think it's a delicate subject, when it comes to suicide. I don't want anyone to think of him differently.

Basically, I also feel like you guys are really amazing on here, and that maybe this small blog, this small entry about awareness might actually do something for you guys, because I've come to find that the Mibba community is filled with bright, caring people, unlike the people who have just recently hopped on the anti-bullying wagon in my home town. (I'm glad people are aware now, but I'm kind of angered that some of the people who were posting non-stop about being against bullying, bully others and they don't even know it.)

If anyone reading this ever feels that sad, like they don't belong, please message me.. I don't want anyone to ever feel like they deserve to cut their life short because it's hard, or because others don't respect them. I don't even know you, and I'll respect you, because it's what everyone deserves. Don't ever think you're not worth it, because I promise you are. You're beautiful.

If anyone ever needs to talk and for someone to just LISTEN for once, don't hesitate to contact me. Ever.
January 13th, 2013 at 05:41pm