I'm Sorry For It All, But When Has Sorry Ever Been Enough?

I just want to make everyone understand me.

I hate when people are upset with me. It’s not like I chose to be this way. Life made me this way.

I’m sorry.

I’m sorry for being so skeptical, for never believing anyone who claims to care.

I’m sorry for being sad so often, I know it’s annoying but if I could just stop like everyone wants, trust me I would.

I’m sorry for every scar that marrs my skin, the ones that I know you feel when your fingertips drag across my skin.

I’m sorry for being afraid of everything, because I’m sure it hurts everyone else around me.

I’m sorry for all the times the people who for some god forsaken reason love me have worried.

I’m sorry for the unwanted calls from unwanted people who want me to get help.

I’m sorry for the meals that I push around on my plate, because when I eat I feel disgusting.

I’m sorry for not thinking I’m good enough ever, it’s annoying I know.

I’m sorry for not seeing the world the way you do, seeing it with my jaded eyes.

I’m sorry for feeling the way that I do about all of this.

I’m sorry for how I have to draw the line somewhere, how I have to feel some semblance of control.

I’m sorry for wanting to maintain some of the innocence that I was robbed of by tragedy.

I’m sorry for all the things that I feel that you don’t.

I’m sorry for not being able to be what everyone wants me to be.

I’m sorry for losing my motivation, I don’t know where it went.

I’m sorry for being all of the names I’ve been called, because clearly I deserve it.

I’m sorry for all of it.

I’m sorry for not being able to change, because I am too scared.

I’m sorry for hating what I see in the mirror.

I’m sorry for wanting to feel wanted.

I’m sorry for all the little things about me that drive you insane.

I’m sorry for being the way that I am.

I’m sorry for expecting you to understand.

I’m sorry for making everyone feel like it’s their fault that I am the way that I am.

I’m sorry for everyone who has to see it.

I’m sorry for it all.

But when has being sorry ever been good enough?
January 14th, 2013 at 01:58pm