Mibba Vs. Wattpad

Many people have been commenting that Mibba is dead. There are a lot of reasons why. Many have prematurely migrated to another website, and some have honorably graduated there. I think one word perfectly sums it up: Wattpad. Call it the big brother of Mibba, so big in fact that it has its own mobile app.

Yeah, that’s right. It’s damn HUGE.

On Wattpad theres a simple underlined (unspoken) rule, write well. Or don’t post at all. Sounds harsh right? Its not that bad, some just need the help of a friendly editor, and a lot of people on the website offer just that.

On Wattpad you quickly become a better writer- grammatically wise at least. But its hard there, your story is either great or it doesn’t get seen at all. Being able to vote just adds to the competition; having the greatest cover image to attract readers doesn’t help at all. Though, that happens to Mibba as well.

Admit it, sometimes we’re attracted to those pretty cover pages… I’m guilty of that!

There is a major plus to Mibba—they allow you to slowly flourish. You’re not like roughly shoved to become the greatest writer ever with kick ass ideas; you grow at your own rate. That’s what I like the most about it. Being able to design the page your story is on is pretty damn cool too.

You should slowly work your way up. That’s how I did it, because trust me I have seen people on Wattpad crash and burn because their writing ability was really low and no one even wanted to give their work a chanc- I have never seen that on Mibba, yet.

The one thing that I think really sucks about Wattpad is that, it doesn’t matter if your plotline is original, or your characters are fantastic, if your writing isn’t like poetry—isn’t like Janet Fitch’s writing (Author of White Oleander, which is an incredible book by the way. I whole heartedly recommend it)—its not going anywhere.

A lot of top trending stories on Wattpad all have similar plotlines and unoriginal characters, but because the Authors can write, oh boy, do they get a lot of readers.

Yet, the ones who do have gold on their hands, but can’t write that well yet or are new to it, will have an incredibly tough time getting their story out there.

Anyways bottom line:

Want to compete your story with million other authors? Wattpad is for you. (Besides even if you don’t post a story up, it’s still cool to support other Authors by reading and voting for their stories!)

Want to improve your writing style? Mibba is the way for you. On here there is also incredibly unique people who can write painstakingly beautiful stories (like White Oleander), you just have to find them! On Wattpad.. eh.. haven’t really found one yet..

Many people have been commenting that Mibba is dead. There are a lot of reasons why. Many have prematurely migrated to another website, and some have honorably graduated there. I think one word perfectly sums it up: Wattpad.

Lets put this another way: if this were high school, Wattpad would be the popular crowd—hard to get into but once you are you’re stuck in there—and Mibba would be that really cool kid (bad boy/girl if you will) that’s hard to become friends with, but once you do you’re in for one hell of a life lone ride (a good one of course)

Both are desirable, you just gotta find your crowd.

Don’t worry Mibba isn’t dead, its like its in somewhat of a hibernation there’s just more popular kids than cool kids right now.

Hope this helped..
January 18th, 2013 at 07:02am