Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,


Hello once again, sir. How are you today? I hope you're doing well.

You broke my heart two weeks ago. I'm not completely over you, but I'm slowly getting there. I think I'll never be completely over you. You were my first boyfriend. Ever. You were the first to fully accept me, scars and all. Because you were hurt, too.

I'm writing you this to let you know that I don't cry to myself just before bed because my heart is broken. I don't spend every moment looking at you and thinking about how maybe you'll be mine again. I don't spend moments alone devouring sweets to subside the pain. I don't spend every phone conversation or text talking about how good you were to me and how I can't believe you left me. I don't constantly think, "Well, what would he think of me if I did this?"

I've accepted how you felt toward me. I've accept that there will never be an "us" again. I've accepted that you're no longer mine.

I'm happy that we're friends now. That's all I wanted after it was over and done with.

I'm sorry for wasting your time, sir. While you were dating me, you could've been out finding that special someone. I know she's out there for you. You deserve someone so much better than me, anyway.

Just try to remember me like you remember her. As the girl who didn't hurt you. As the girl that tried. As the girl that was falling in love with you.

I will miss you forever. You showed me so much. You showed me that not all men cheat. Not all men have alterior motives. You showed me what it was like.

I feel like I cheated you, somehow. Like as if I treated you so awful. Treated everyone you cared about so horribly. I just hope you can forgive me for that.

You'll probably never read this. You'll probably never even know of its existence.

Just know that I had to write this. Had to have it here for reference. I needed to let you go, as I do with most things, I wrote it out as the final stage.

Love,

Aly-Neko
January 19th, 2013 at 10:33pm