Parents

I'm ridiculously pissed off right now. My mom has been on my back lately about how I've been lagging in the senior activities and things. Like taking my driving test (not necessarily a senior thing, but a recent thing I've been slacking on), getting my senior picture, missing out on the SAT. Honestly its just my lack of self motivation. All my insecurities are catching up to me and my body won't let me do the things I want or the things that I need.

My brother, who is a couple years older than me, kind of had the same issues. But the thing about him was that he is bipolar, and he kind of just doesn't give a rats ass about anything. So my mom takes my moments of insecurities to compare me to my careless ass hole of a brother.

I obviously take offense to this, because I am not like my brother. I told my mom that I don't like to be compared to him because I know how he is. Know him ten times better than anyone, but my mom always has to be right about everything, so instead of apologizing to me for making me feel like dirt, she gives me the silent treatment.

There is just no way anyone is going to compare me to my brother. The guy who threw a toaster at me for making a gay joke about him after he did the same to me, the guy who threatened to kill himself with the pill bottle in hand to my face for telling him to do the dishes when all he wanted to do was sit on the computer, the guy who can never try to understand another persons feelings in a time of discomfort. Honestly, there is nobody that I dislike more than my brother, and I just wish my mom could understand that it truly hurts my feelings when she tries to compare me to my brother.

I just can't handle this feeling when I know I don't deserve it.
January 20th, 2013 at 08:04pm