My Mind is Somewhere in Neverland

Do you ever feel like everything is just nothingness? That's contradictory, but you know what I mean. Like life is just this boring thing, and no matter what you do to jazz it up, it still kind of sucks. The only real emotion you show is when someone in your favorite T.V show dies, or a favorite band breaks up. At least that's what it's been like for me. I just feel not exactly depressed, just nostalgic I guess you could say. I want to take a break, but you just can't take one of those from life. I just want something great to happen, like something around the world. A miracle, or a sign, or just anything that's the universe or the Earth saying, "Hey, I'm still here. I'm still keeping you alive, even though you treat me like shit, even though you're killing my ozone with your nuclear power plants, making beautiful creatures extinct, even though you're killing me. I'm still here for you. I'm still going to help you survive."

I dunno. I just feel like the Earth is going to eventually get tired of us hurting it, ruining it, and going to take revenge on us. Well, I say revenge, but I really just mean it's going to start taking over a little at a time. You see the little things everyday, overgrown abandoned buildings covered in vines and kudzu, old cars in fields overrun by grasses and thorns. It just makes me sad to know that I will never get to live to see our race do something beautiful and ground breaking, that I won't get to see the scientific advances or the beauty of futuristic architecture. I dunno, I'm just thinking outside of the box. I just want something great to happen. Maybe I'm just stoned.
January 20th, 2013 at 11:18pm