Colleges and what I'm going to be doing | Updates

Friday I went to a campus tour at Waukesha County Technical College (WCTC in Wisconsin) and we took a walk around the campus. It was freezing, but worth it. There was this other girl that was interested in becoming a chef, so the tour guide stopped by the kitchens first. She told us that there was a restaurant on campus that anyone could go to, including people who are visiting. It wasn't open of course due to it being the first day of classes, but she basically told us that the students would be making the food, so you would get more for a cheap price.

Then we stopped to the Fire Squad and Human Services building. I'm planning on getting an associate degree in Human Services (social work), but I am a bit undecided between that, Criminal Justice, and Early Education. I didn't realize it until I began volunteering at my sister's school, but I do enjoy working with children. On the other hand, I also want to be a police officer. The only thing holding me back is my physical - I'm only five foot two inches and a hundred and three pounds. The idea of going through The Academy is nerve wracking, but it would definitely challenge me and I like challenges.

I'll basically decide when I go to the open house on Feb. 28th.

And to get on the second topic of today's blog entry .... I began another story called Page By Page. The chapters are going to be short and it's in second person, but it has been on my mind for months and I figured I'd make a pretty layout and actually publish something. Yeah. A book falls in love with it's reader.

Also, how do you guys feel about character pages? I'm on the fence, but at the same time, I often have certain people I visualize as my characters. I'd love to hear your opinions.

Does anyone have any original fiction to rec me? It can have romance, but it has to be in the background. Any in the males point of view would be wonderful.

Thank you!
- Tasha
January 21st, 2013 at 01:36am